Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

Pizza Burgers


When I was growing up I ate a lot of interesting things but one off the more "American" type dishes that I tried was a dish by my Step-mom, Dawn, they were called pizza burgers. I am not the type to look for a recipe on the internet to sooth me through my craving for nostalgia so I created this new recipe myself. Enjoy!


Pizza Burgers

1 1/2 Cup TVP
1 Can Olives
Marinara Sauce
1/2 White Onion
1 Clove Garlic
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Vegan Cheddar Cheese (I prefer Daiya)
Bread of Your Choice
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Preheat Oven to 375

1. Hydrate TVP by running it under cold water until somewhat moist.
2.Add Olive Oil to the pan let heat for a moment and add onion. When onion is slightly translucent add garlic. When you see the garlic get a little yellow and smell really sharp add tvp and saute until browned.
3.Add Marinara sauce until tvp seems well hydrated, almost squishy.
4.Dice half the can of olives and place in with tvp mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spray baking sheet with olive oil and place bread on it. Put TVP mixture on top of bread. Add vegan cheese to the top and sliced olives.
6.Bake for about 15 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy.

Thank you for trying this recipe and please leave feedback whenever you like.

5 comments:

  1. Textured Vegetable Protein...it's usually dehydrated soy crumbles but can sometimes be made out of gluten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Have you ever made your own seed cheese? You can add vegan cheddar flavoring, and it will make an amazing sauce. You can make it really thick, partially dehydrate it, and make your own, super yummy vegan cheese slices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I haven't but I would definitely love to know how.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so yummy! Just like mine! Glad you found a way to make them. I know it was one of your faves growing up. Love you!

    ReplyDelete